So far on this site I have concentrated mainly on Ignatian and Benedictine spirituality. I will still be putting on posts about both of these types but I also intend to extend this and consider other aspects of the subject so, hopefully, this will eventually be a useful resource for all aspects of Christians spirituality.

I have in my mind a categorisation that I shall use for this, which I have listed below. If you would like to suggest changes or additions to this, please do.

By historical type of spirituality:
Ignatian
Benedictine
Franciscan
Celtic

By denomination:
Roman
Orthodox
Anglican
Methodist
Baptist

By style:
Catholic/sacramental
Evangelical
Silent
Non-church

Over the next months/year, I intend to write about each of these or else ask someone (particularly for the denominational ones) to write a guest blog for me.

2 comments

  1. Jean Wise  

    23 September 2009 at 13:55

    Discovered your blog this am. We seem to write in the same arena. Nice collections of thoughts here. I also signed up to follow you on twitter so hopefully we can connect and continue to walk with God together.

    http://www.healthyspirituality.org

  2. Kath Williamson  

    29 September 2009 at 00:43

    Thanks Jean - I am receiving your blog by email now. Very interesting.

    Yes, let's stay in touch.